78704 Neighbors Have Discovered Sazon Interior Mexican Cuisine.
“One yardstick I use to evaluate the quality of Mexican restaurants is their preparation of the style of chile relleno I prefer. At Sazón, the chile rellenos ($9.29) are made with perfectly roasted, peeled, and seeded poblano peppers stuffed with a choice of cheese, beef picadillo, or chicken.”
Small eatery one of the best Mexican restaurants in town.
“The meal was so superior to the typical Mexican fare that I’m eager to return for other items such as the cochinita pibil and an omelet made with huitlacoche. Sazón is a new pearl in Austin, a place that is alive with vibrant flavors and appealing dishes.”
No wonder the place was sizzling…
“My dish of pork tips bathed in a hot, red sauce was divine, as were the refried black beans and simple, unadorned white rice. Even the frozen margarita was superior.”
Austin Chronicle’s Readers Poll:
- Top 20, Readers Favorites
- Honorable Mention, Best Chicken Dish
- Honorable Mention, Best Mexican (Not Tex-Mex)
- Honorable Mention, Best Service/Wait Staff
- Runner-Up, Best New Restaurant
- Winner, Red Sauce (Restaurant Category) 17th Annual Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Contest 2007